Friday, May 19, 2023

Grief


To lose a parent is devastating enough (I experienced that with dad's passing); to lose both at the same time was something my heart and mind could not fathom. My heart goes out to my best friend for his deep loss. His parents' love must be so strong that God decided to relieve them of the immense pain (of loss) by returning to Him both at the same time.

Yaz, please take the time to grief but also be at peace that they have lived a long wonderful life, filled with love (and God is sparing them further agony from their illnesses and sufferings on this earth, purifying them before their return to Him). I am here if you need to talk things through. I'll end my post with the song, "I'll stand by you" and an extract of its lyrics ❤.

"Don't be ashamed to cry. Let me see you through cause I've seen the dark side too... So, if you're mad, get mad. Don't hold it all inside. Come on and talk to me now. Hey, what you got to hide? I get angry too. Well, I'm a lot like you... I'll stand by you. Take me into your darkest hour and I'll never desert you. I'll stand by you."

No comments: